Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Dead New World


Zombies aren’t mindless anymore.

Before the world fell into chaos, zombies existed only in the imagination. Now, there’re more dead walking the earth than living. Zombies move about freely, while humans are forced behind concrete barricades to stay alive.

A man known only as the Reverend has become a threat to the rebuilding United States. The leader of a powerful cult, the Reverend somehow controls the zombies, bending them to his will. He believes zombies are God’s latest creation, making humanity obsolete, and he wants to give every man, woman, and child the chance to become one. With the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, his army composed of both humans and zombies, he may well get his wish.

Best friends Holt and Ambrose went up against the Reverend once. Holt lost a foot and a zombie bit Ambrose… though he didn’t completely turn. He survived the virus, only to become a human-zombie hybrid, reviled by the living and unwelcome among the dead. When the Reverend kidnaps the woman Holt loves, the race is on to save her from a fate worse than death.

Holt and Ambrose must sacrifice everything to take down the Reverend and survive in this dead new world. But will they lose their souls in the process?

My Thoughts:

Somewhat good, somewhat of a let down. That's pretty much my summary.  I liked the idea, but the execution left me wanting more from this one. I really didn't get that attached to any of the main characters (especially Nancy.) I think if the story focused entirely on Ambrose and Holt and their fight against the Reverend, that would have been much more awesome!

The forced love interest seemed a bit much. Not all stories need a romance. I would have loved this one much more if it was a balls to the walls bro-fest of zombie killing action!

I really wanted to love this one. I really did. I'm not saying that it was entirely bad. There were moments when it was pretty good, and it was a fun read. It just wasn't the book I thought it would be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!