Sunday, July 21, 2013

Quick Review: Deadlocked by A.R. Wise


Kindle Edition, Old cover edition for ASIN: B006OOSWRO, 54 pages
Published December 20th 2011

David was caught in the middle of the city when the zombie outbreak started. His wife and daughters were at home, stranded on the roof as zombies waited below. He would have to fight through hordes of undead, merciless other survivors, and a series of death defying stunts to get home. However, even if he makes it there, how can he be sure they're safe?

Deadlocked puts you into David's head as he struggles to get home. Then a final confrontation occurs that will guarantee his family's survival, but at what cost?



My Thoughts
This was a quick, fast paced, tense novella! I wasn't really expecting much, but A.R. Wise managed to pack a pretty intense punch into this short book. David is a character that will stick with me for a while. In the short time I "knew" him I felt like I got to know a great guy. Someone that put his family first and himself second. He'd go through HELL to get to them.

There's quite a good deal of character development squeezed into this novella! I was surprised and pleasantly for a change! This book is the first installment in the Deadlocked series, which seems to have about 7 parts now. If they are all like this one, then count me in!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!