Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Quick Review: Shatter Me




From Goodreads.com
Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

 

My Thoughts: 

I had heard lots of things about this book over the last year. There seems to be a 50/50 mix of people that love it or people that hate it. I guess I'm forming a new group for the "meh" vote. I didn't dislike the story. Just the annoying strikeouts. I do not think that they help any at all to progress the story or to help the reader get the book, or Juliette. I understand the point, but it just looks like sloppy editing and is totally jarring.

Oh yeah and the annoying INSTA-LOVE...wtf is up with that? WHY do they love each other? WHY does Adam fall for her so quickly? I mean I totally got the back story, but still..didn't compute for me.I just can't get behind those kind of cliches. It just didn't work.

I do realize that this was just a starter book. (At least that is my impression) I realize it's also a start of a series. SOOO...I may just give the second book a chance. I am not sure yet.

All in all, it wasn't horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!