Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Review: Before I Fall

Blurb:
What if you only had one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?
Samantha Kingston has it all: looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend. Friday, February 12, should be just another day in her charmed life. Instead, it turns out to be her last.
The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning. Living the last day of her life seven times during one miraculous week, she will untangle the mystery surrounding her death—and discover the true value of everything she is in danger of losing.

My Review: 


This was on my "Wishlist" for a while before I got the opportunity to read it. I had read so many reviews about it, that I just couldn't help but have some preconceived notions. I went into this expecting to be completely blown away and amazed. I was to an extent. I think that this book suffered from a case of too much hype, at least for me.That is until the end. I won't spoil it but I will state right here and now that I was sobbing at the end.

 I enjoyed this book. I LOVE Lauren Oliver's writing. There. Simple. True. Her characters were written perfectly and flawed..or do I mean perfectly flawed because both of those statements fit. No one is perfect. No one is without flaws, and that is what makes this story so poignant.

I liked Sam. She made big  mistakes and little mistakes, but unlike most of us she gets to see how she effects the world around her. Her actions effect others in deep ways. When her eyes are open to the world around her, things become more beautiful and more real.

All in all, this was a wonderfully written book. It has a deep and emotional impact on the reader and makes them think. What if? What if you had one day to relive? What would you do differently? What if?




2 comments:

  1. Nice review! I agree that some books can suffer from too much hype, but I really loved this one and think it lived up to my high expectations! Can't wait to see what Lauren comes up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book as well! I read Lauren Oliver's middle grade novel "Liesl & Po" two months ago and it's a wonderful book also. I need to pick up Delirium!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!