Sunday, October 25, 2009

End of Event Meme




1. Which hour was most daunting for you? My son (who is five) was with me the whole time so there were little moments each other that diverted my attention away from reading. I think this was a plus as it kept me from burning out faster.


2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I loved reading Alice I Have Been, but I'm not sure how high the interest is for it. Just a plain awesome character study.


3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope, I'm definitely in for next year though! Will definitely have Mr. Trent go to grandpa's for the weekend! LOL

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The event was very well organized. I loved checking in every hour to see more support! Twitter was very helpful too! I just wished I had one of those fancy phones that have internet!

5. How many books did you read? 5 books total

6. What were the names of the books you read? Alice I Have Been-345 (but I started in the middle for the event) Benny and Shrimp-209, Sex, Drugss & Gefilte Fish-248, Marked-306, and Too Many Visitor for One Little House-40 pages. I read the last one to my son, since it's a children's book.

7. Which book did you enjoy most? Alice I Have Been

8. Which did you enjoy least? I was underwhelmed by Benny and Shrimp. It was cute but I had heard so much about it.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I wasn't a Cheerleader but they did make me smile and kept my energy from draining a lot sooner! I was impressed at how many people showed up to cheer me on! Thanks you guys!

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? VERY much already in for next year! I'll probably try for the WHOLE 24 hours next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!