Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Review-Dancing With Ana


From the Back Cover:


Beth is a lucky girl...She comes from a loving family. She has three best friends. She loves to surg and lives five minutes from the beach. She also recently discovered that the boy she's grown up with has the most amazing green eyes...Beth has every reason to smile. Every reason to be happy. Every reason to feel blessed.

Then why is she sticking her fingers down her throat?



My Review:


Dancing with Ana was a quick read. It's only about 170 pages in total so it won't take too long to read. The story's concept is good. Maybe I'm not the right target audience for this one. I hesitated to write a review because this is a cause that is close to my heart. I've had issues (and still do to this day) with disordered eating/thinking. The characters didn't really seem like teenagers. The boys didn't really act at ALL like teenage males. I hate to make this sound like a bad book because it's not. It's just not a book intended for grown ups. Which is a good thing in a way because teenagers are the ones most afflicted by ED's. So would I recommend this book for anyone over the age of 18? Probably not. Does it do what it intends. I think so. I rarely put number ratings on my reviews but here goes:


Writing: 8
Interest: 7
Passion: 9
Originality: 8
Characters: 6

I could tell that this topic was something that Barker was passionate about and I could tell she understood, but it just didn't flow as well as I would have hoped. Maybe if the book was fleshed out a little more, say add some more pages?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!