Monday, June 29, 2009

Review of Devlin Diary

The Devlin Diary by Christi Phillips

Thanks goes to Sarah Reidy and Pocket books for allowing me to read and review this wonderful and exciting book!

My Review:

This book was amazing! Simply put, Phillips knows how to weave an engaging tale using bits of history and her imagination! The Devlin Diary is a fast paced and well choreographed tale of two women, a royal conspiracy, murder, and how all these elements connect them over centuries. I love history. I love reading about royals and their intrigues and scandalous lives. Maybe this is why I now am a huge fan of this book and Phillips? I didn't want this book to end and was sad when the ride was over. I felt geniue affection for Hannah and her little family, and Dr. Strathern. I was really cheering for Dr. Strathern and crossing my fingers that he would ditch his sense of duty and just go with his true feelings. The story wrapped itself around my brain and imagination and wouldn't realease them until the end. I did find myself more enchanted with the historical side over the modern part of the tale but I thoroughly enjoyed this whole book! Ms. Phillips is an artist! I will be grabbing a copy of the Rossetti Letter which I believe is a prequel of sorts to the Devlin Diary.

My rating of this book is
4.5/5 stars!

3 comments:

  1. I've read other good things on this book, and your review confirms that I really want to read it! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this book as well, and plan to read the Rossetti Letter. It's great to find a book you don't want to end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I love historical fiction and appreciate you pointing me to a new to me author! I'll be adding this one to my wish list. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!